Regular attendance and punctuality are important for pupil progress and attainment.
Parents are reminded that school begins at 8.50am and children arriving in class after 9.05am will be marked as late.
- Acceptable reasons for absence are:
- Illness or medical visits
- Dental or medical appointments
- Bad weather conditions
- Family bereavement (normally parents)
- Very exceptional occasions, such as illness of a parent
The Government guidelines state that holidays during term time are not authorised and could incur a fine.