Regular attendance and punctuality are important for pupil progress and attainment.
Parents are reminded that school begins at 8.50am the gates and doors are open from 8:40am and children arriving in class after 9am will be marked as late.
- Acceptable reasons for absence are:
- Illness or medical visits
- Dental or medical appointments
- Bad weather conditions
- Family bereavement (normally parents)
- Very exceptional occasions, such as illness of a parent
The Government guidelines state that holidays during term time are not authorised and could incur a fine.